Friday, July 16, 2010

Your Stories: Jenifer!

I love reading your stories on your blogs about your declutter journeys. It makes me so happy to know that so many of us are in this together!

I "met" Jenifer last week when she told me about Josie, a sweet little lady from the Philippines that changed the way that Jenifer viewed her life... her "stuff".

It's such a beautiful story... I can't do the retelling justice... so sneak on over and give her some love! I hope this story tugs at your heart and makes you think the way that it did for me.

5 comments:

  1. Josie is creating ripples by her life. Jenifer, you, me, and all the others reading her story are touched and made to think.

    Cathy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing my story Tabitha!
    because of Josie, i have turned a whole new corner in home organization! I went through my craft room and sent a whole trunk full of excess to my new friends in the Philippines...

    {Josie's daughter, here in America, has been BUYING CLOTHES and stuff HERE at Goodwill and shipping it there. I told them I would give them my stuff for free and what they didn't want they could give to Goodwill!}

    i went through my closet, my girls' closets, my coat closet... i'm sharing my excess and it feels great. Here is the link to josie part 2-- http://toddnjenifermoss.blogspot.com/2010/07/summer-ideas-keep-calm-and-carry-on.html

    i only have 2 more bedrooms-- i can't wait to share baby toys, and boy clothes! It is so easy for me to get rid of STUFF when i know it is going to people who can really use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Tabitha, for linking to this wonderful story...and thank you, Jenifer, for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great story. Thanks for the sharing and telling of it. I sometimes think we all should have to spend a month in another country with someone like Josie in order to 'graduate' into adulthood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What an excellent post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete