When you first walk into my house.... there is a little box of a room. Well, maybe that's not the best descriptor... but it's a little room.... with just big entry ways into the hall and the main room. It's not really a room... but, well... you know!
This quasi room houses my curio cabinet (full of china and figurines... how domestic of me) and my piano.
And a mirror...
But yeah... even with nothing there... it's soooo cluttered.
I am really beginning to believe that all flat surfaces in my house are magnetic and collect items just for grins and giggles. Seriously. I mean... how else do I explain this...
Here are a few things I am doing to change this!
1) I installed hooks on the wall in our kitchen hallway. Technically this is very out of the way... but once we are parking in our garage, it'll be perfect! I hung some high and some low so that they boys can hang their backpacks eventually as well.
2) I take all the mail to the trashcan for sorting when I walk in the door. No more piles at the piano.
3) I clear away anything that does get put on the piano after I put my boys to bed. I walk right by it, so I make myself clean up then.
4) I charge myself $1 for every item that I leave there overnight. I know... honor system... but I am trying to be good and if I don't do it, nobody will!
5) OH! I also push in the piano bench. If I have to pull it out to put something on it, then I'll think twice! I also leave the keys exposed... not closed! One less surface to collect clutter!
Nothing for the trash or sell counts here... but I am getting clutter conquered by putting things away!!
What Entry Way hints do you have?